When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wish lists in Windsor. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to worry about paying for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—specifically for big households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate a handful of uses at once. One of our professionals will help you figure out what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Windsor area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Windsor home. It’s a great energy-efficient addition for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 226-773-3357
or request an appointment with us online.