Spring is great for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Windsor and keeping bills low.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can do several other things to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct product for your home. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.