Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Windsor working at its top performance while keeping electricity needs small. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can finish alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be risky. If you need repair or installation, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your cooling unit in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and could lower your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts at 226-773-3357, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your system is starting, running and turning off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need extra work, we are set to provide you the most economical option. Finding potential problems early may solve bigger troubles later. This also offers you time to plan if your air conditioner is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to pick the best system for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to schedule your maintenance? Give us a call at 226-773-3357 or schedule an appointment online now.