Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in Windsor working at its top performance while keeping utility needs small. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a hefty portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be a gamble. If you need repair or installation, you might be waiting awhile for a technician. And that may turn awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your cooling unit in the ultimate state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts at 226-773-3357, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is starting, running and turning off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need additional work, we are ready to offer you the most economical option. Finding potential problems early may solve bigger troubles down the road. This also offers you time to plan if your air conditioner is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to pick the best unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your maintenance? Give us a call at 226-773-3357 or schedule an appointment online now.