How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many gases that could be inside your Windsor house. Natural gas and gases that originate from household furnishings, carpet and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Call Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts at 226-773-3357 right away to begin shielding your loved ones against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you can’t view it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in low doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can leak into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how large the leak is and the circulation in a house, carbon monoxide can become lethal in within minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it will take five hours to get it out of your system. You will need another five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses

It may also cause symptoms that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three steps you can take to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one fuel-burning heater, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. You should have a sensor on each level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your home?
    Call Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts at 226-773-3357 to purchase one. Ask our technicians about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you already have a carbon monoxide system, regularly test or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, get out of your residence without delay and dial 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Support from Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your family can be guarded from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts at 226-773-3357 to learn more.