How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Windsor?
Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But how do you know when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals strongly suggest servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential problems and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This makes it possible for you to fix developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key elements of the work conducted during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician visually examines your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less energy to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, emergency repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, consider signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and price range. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is essential for boosting performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with certified Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.