Building a new residence? Upgrading your present system? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly learn you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Follow this information to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the best air conditioner in Windsor.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the total house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat when it’s cold.
This might be right for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, rather than a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet stays at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this constant well of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the subterranean loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an inside blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be right for you if:
- Your home, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you pick the best one for your home. Please contact us at 226-773-3357 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.