Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Windsor. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Windsor heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Windsor heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts a call at 226-773-3357 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Windsor heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Windsor temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.