Air conditioners don’t work forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Windsor, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to consider, in addition to the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you get new units together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your monthly energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you might even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 226-773-3357 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.