Air conditioners don’t run forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few points to consider, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your monthly energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you might even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 226-773-3357 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.