Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Windsor home.
Sump pumps can stop working for a few of different reasons and we’ve possibly experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts a call to come and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with various preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our staff will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any evidence of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to remember there are several simple things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 226-773-3357
or request an appointment online.