Stopping it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Windsor.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used correctly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts.