Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Windsor.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used right but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by booking annual furnace maintenance with Bryant Heating & Cooling Service Experts.