What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with extended exposure.